Saturday, January 29, 2011

my favorite rollercoasters :)

This is X2,  Six Flags Magic Mountain, CA
We rode this one at night. It had special effects like music speakers in the headrest, and a blast of fire as you pass. Your seat rotates independently while the train stays the same. So with the physics of the coaster, you spin. It was amazing, and worth the long cold wait.



This is Bizarro. Six Flags New England, MA

Smooth, fast, scenic, high, terrifying, yet fun. We almost lost our hair. :)


Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point, OH
Although this coaster is technically not as fast or as tall as KingDaKa in Six Flags Great Advenuture, I went on this one first so it was more memorable. This coaster goes approx 120 mph, using hydrolics to shoot you 420 ft into the sky, and then you swivel back down to earth. Your mind can't process the speed, but there's no turning back. :)



On that note, here is a video of a rollercoaster that takes you backwards half way through.
I had fun but this is probably the only coaster in the world that has given me mild motion sickness.


Ugh, I have so many more favorites but I can't remember the names.

2 comments: